First let me begin by sharing with you that #1 I am new to the hair obsessed club and still learning from my "Hair Heroes" and #2 I am a working mom (who by the way is NOT a morning person!!!) I am finding that practice makes perfect better. Meanwhile my girls and I are enjoying our time together and we invite you to join us on our journey. Sometimes we do fancy and sometimes we flop but for us it's the process.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Birthday Updo

The Princess loves an updo with the works! Usually we find ourselves doing a version of the flower bun and spiral ringlets. Getting a little bored, I like how the top of this do adds some fun.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
We sectioned off the top and twisted them combining them into twist braids that we added to the ponytail we had already created. It's nice having a big collection of bands, we used a big one for the big ponytail and an elastic to secure the twist braids.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Then I only created the top of the flower bun, leaving the rest of the hair to hang long and then curl with the spiral curling iron. I like doing this occasionally so one can get a sense of how long her hair is. Someday she'll probably want to cut it, but hopefully that day is far, far away. Meanwhile, she loves having long hair!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This was the perfect 'do for a special outing to "Build-a-Bear" and then to the Melting Pot for a chocolate dessert! Yum!

1 comment:

Curly Hairdo Ideas said...

totally adorable! :D Don't worry too much - I loved (and had) my long hair until I graduated high school!! She may keep hers for a long time! (mine is still not "short" by most standards)