First let me begin by sharing with you that #1 I am new to the hair obsessed club and still learning from my "Hair Heroes" and #2 I am a working mom (who by the way is NOT a morning person!!!) I am finding that practice makes perfect better. Meanwhile my girls and I are enjoying our time together and we invite you to join us on our journey. Sometimes we do fancy and sometimes we flop but for us it's the process.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years Eve Do's

Little Bird's 4 knots and ponies - with curls to boot!
Little Bird asked me why I copy other peoples styles from their websites. . . well, I guess because they are so darn cute! I did use another site as an inspiration, I just discovered Piggies 'N Ponies and did a variation of her 3 knots and a pony.

I started with wet hair that I parted on a diagonal into four sections. Then in each of the sections, I divided it into two, made a knot on the front and then pulled that into a ponytail in the second section.

After it dried - I let it mostly air dry and then blow dried the last little bit, Little Bird actually let me curl her hair! She has VERY thick hair and I'm finding it hard to curl her hair with the flat iron, however, my new spiral curling iron worked great. I curled most of her hair under and spiral curled the top layer and the four pony tails.

The finished look was charming AND it stayed out of her face all night. We'll see what it looks like in the morning.

The Princess - our version of the "Curvy-Swirvy New Year's Updo"

I love that name! It was my first try and it turned out pretty good, not quite as awsome as THE MOM over at Babes in Hairland, but not bad for my first try. It'll be much better next time;-) Many thanks to my Hair Hero: The Mom at Babes in Hairland! She posted this style yesterday (you can see it here) and my princess loved it. My little one told me it goes really well with her fancy dress. I think she looks very grown up. This would really be a terrific flower girl do! At least the way THE MOM does it, like I said, my next time will be better.

No comments: